1. Plug-in fuse: It is commonly used at the end of the line at the voltage level of 380V and below, as a short-circuit protection for distribution feeder or electrical equipment.
2. Spiral Fuse: The upper end cover of the melt has a fuse indicator, once the melt melts, the indicator pops up immediately, can be observed through the glass hole on the porcelain cap, it is often used in machine tool electrical control equipment. Spiral Fuse.
Breaking current is large, can be used in voltage class 500V and below, current class 200A below the circuit, for short-circuit protection.
3. Closed fuses: Sealed fuses are divided into two types of filler fuses and no filler fuses. There are packing fuses generally with square porcelain tube, built-in quartz sand and melt, breaking ability, for the voltage level of 500V and below the current level of 1KA circuit.
The non-filler closed fuse fuses the melt into a closed cylinder with a slightly smaller breaking capacity for use below 500V, 600A or less in power grids or distribution equipment.
4. Fast fuse: Fast fuse is mainly used for short circuit protection of semiconductor rectifier or rectifier device. Due to the low overload capacity of the semiconductor components. It is possible to withstand a large overload current for a very short period of time, thus requiring short circuit protection with the ability to quickly fuse.
The structure of the quick fuse and the closed fuse with filler are basically the same, but the melt material and shape are different, it is a cross-sectional melt with a V-shaped deep groove made of silver sheet.
5. Self-fusing fuse: Use metal sodium as melt, with high conductivity at room temperature. When the circuit has a short-circuit fault, the short-circuit current produces high temperature so that the sodium is rapidly vaporized, the vapor sodium appears high impedance state, thus limiting the short-circuit current. When the short-circuit current disappears, the temperature drops, and the metal sodium restores the original good conductivity. Self-fusing fuse can only limit the short-circuit current, can not really divide the power off road.
The advantage is that there is no need to change the melt and can be reused.